Tuesday, March 10, 2009

First Twitter, Now Blogger

As my title indicates I first established myself in the world of Twitter recently. I am now the lucky recipient of a half dozen email-updates to my mail box on the lives of 2 friends who I have not spoken too in months. As you may guessed I have not been "blown away" by Twitter and its updates, but luckily I had low expectations.  I am a person who believes Facebook is a benefit to my life and has allowed me to stay in touch with old friends, find the addresses and dates of parties and of course found out which of the people I went to highschool with are married and/or pregnant. Twitter however does not seem to provide much benefit. Twitter rather just supplies me with only the inane and compulsive aspects of Facebook (and MSN Messenger) such as status updates. No doubt this does fill a compulsive need of many addicted to "crackbook," one of which I, and everyone else who uses it (whether admittedly or not) have succumb to every now and then. I'd rather not see proliferation of this one aspect of internet social networks, as it is basically a vice, not dissimilar from gambling. Of course all I can do is just not participate and hope to dissuade other people from trying it out, especially those who I know are prone to this sort of vice.

As you may also guess from my blog title this is also my first blog -- ever. I see blogging as a great thing to anyone who does it on a regular basis as writing is something that most people should do more. I started blogging to practice my writing skills and to keep them sharp during my temporary hiatus from school, and I hope someone will read them too (more than just Katie?).

I'll stop now to make sure to leave some for my next entry, likely very soon. Stay tuned for my next rant on...

 

-DG

1 comment:

  1. Danny has a blog! i just noticed this! WOOOOOO
    I kind of figured twitter would suck. Thanks for confirming this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks